Thursday, June 25, 2015



Ray Garton Discusses 
His Rare "Flyleaf Stories"
And Explains How You Can Purchase One
by Anthony Servante



Ray Garton



Biography: [from his website]

Since I was eight years old, all I've wanted to be was a writer, and since 1984, I have been fortunate enough to spend my life writing full time. I've written over 60 books — novels and novellas in the horror and suspense genres, collections of short stories, movie novelizations and TV tie-ins — with more in the works. My readers have made it possible for me to indulge my love of writing and I get a tremendous amount of joy out of communicating with them. I've been doing that on Facebook and Twitter for a few years, and now I have a home of my own on the internet. This is the place to find out what I've written, what I'm writing and where to get it. You can read my blog, keep up to date on new releases, take part in contests and read an occasional short story online. Look around, get comfortable and visit often!


Book links:

Frankenstorm -- http://www.amazon.com/Frankenstorm-Ray-Garton/dp/0786034076/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434923914&sr=1-1&keywords=frankenstorm+ray+garton

Shrieks and Shivers from the Horror Zine -- http://www.amazon.com/Shrieks-Shivers-Horror-William-Nolan/dp/0692363912/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434924231&sr=1-1&keywords=shrieks+and+shivers

Eulogies III -- http://www.amazon.com/Eulogies-III-David-Morrell/dp/0979234670/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434923970&sr=1-1&keywords=eulogies+iii

A Dark Phantastique -- http://www.jasunnistore.com/darke-phantastique-trade-edition-only/

Ray Garton Interview

Anthony: What are “Flyleaf Stories”? Can you give us some history on this new story form you’ve started working with?

Ray: Over the last few years, I did some of these for a collector who approached Cemetery Dance and wanted horror writers to write by hand an original never-before-published (and never-to-be-published) story on the front and back blank pages of hardcover editions of the special 50th issue of Cemetery Dance magazine. [Please note that the blank pages at the front and back of hardback books are known as "flyleaves" AS].

Anthony: So that would make each story unique, right? Can you elaborate a bit?

Ray: Yes, each one is one-of-a-kind because it's hand-written by the author, and it's an original story or vignette that will never be published anywhere. It requires a book that has two or three blank pages in the front and back [flyleaves] to allow room for the story to be written.

Anthony: Fans and collectors will definitely find these Flyleaf Stories highly desirable. How can we order a personalized one-of-a-kind Flyleaf Story from you?

Ray: First, you need a book of mine that has room in front and back for the story. It would have to be a hardcover edition because most paperbacks are a little too small. I would also be open to doing a story or vignette in something else provided by the collector, which we could discuss by email. Then contact me at dgartoncats@gmail.com
. and tell me what book you're providing. Send it to me, I'll write the story in it, and return it to you (return shipping is free). The price for the story is $300 (via PayPal).

Anthony: That's a small price to pay for a unique story in the author's very own handwriting. But let's make it a bit easier for fans and collectors to acquire a Ray Garton Flyleaf Story: Here are the steps to follow:

a. Choose a book.
b. Email the author at dgartoncats@gmail.com.
c. Send the book to Ray Garton. along with $300 via PayPal.
d. I will write the story in the book and ship it back to you.


And that's all it takes. If you have any questions or special requests, contact Ray Garton at dgartoncats@gmail.com
. The clock is ticking on this one. Get your order in soon.

Thanks to Ray Garton for sharing this wonderful news on this new story form. Get in on the ground level. Don't wait for the collectors to try to flip them on eBay. Order yours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment